Preparation for scientific work in seminars as well as for the bachelor and master theses.
In this course, students learn about the requirements and rules for writing Bachelor's and Master's theses as well as the concept of scientific work. Participation in the course "Scientific Work" is obligatory if you want to write your thesis at the TIE institute or if you take the Bachelor seminar.
Contents of the course
- Short introduction to subject-specific literature research, especially databases and their operators
- Introduction to academic publications
- Basics for the preparation of scientific papers
- Formalities for the preparation of scientific papers at the professorship
The course does not end with an examination, but is a prerequisite for the acquisition of a certificate of attendance, as well as the successful participation in a bachelor seminar at the TIE institute, or the module 11.
The event will take place on the following days:
- The first part of the event will take place on 05.04. from 09:00 to 12:00 (online).
- The second part of the event will take place on 16.04. from 10:15 to 11:45 (online).
Registration for the seminar "Scientific Work" is automatic upon acceptance of a place for a thesis at the professorship as well as upon acceptance of a place in the Bachelor seminar. Participants will receive all further information separately. Participation without taking the seminar or without a place for a thesis is not possible.